Thursday, December 08, 2005

Random Sports News

I can already hear the collective groan coming from my female readers (if I have any). Yes, two sports posts in a row. Don't worry, once I get this one out of my system, I'll dispense with the dick and fart jokes post haste. But there are a few things I want to say. So, as the great Tyrone Biggums said, "If there is hate in your heart, let it out!"

The first item is actually not a sarcastic, hate filled rant about anything. I am actually psyched about a trade that one of my teams made. That's right. The Nationals traded for Alphonso Soriano, only the best second baseman in the game. And I'd like to put my catheter of approval on this move by giving him his nickname (I don't know if anyone has done this yet, so indulge me. Henceforth, Soriano will be known as:
The Fonz!
I realize that this is the same nickname I may or may not have given LaPhonso Ellis, but he's clearly not using it right now. So blow me.

Speaking of the trends I started and the NBA, David Stern is trying to legislate long shorts out of the game by fining players who don't comply with the official league shorts length requirements. Yes, there is such a thing. I actually had a poster that detailed the NBA dress code until my dog made mince meat out of it. By the way, what the hell is mince meat? Stern is out of control. He's becoming an old racist Jewish grandfather. First it was the suit requirement off the court (which I understand, but don't like), then its this. Mr. Stern, I hope you are not trying to go back to the early 80's style (when nobody watched the NBA, I might add), because nobody wants to see this.

In other NBA news, I did a random Yahoo fantasy league and my team is off to a slow start. However, Boris Diaw could be the best player in the league. Look at this stat line from his past 5 games:

Pts. Reb. Asst. Blocks Steals

17 8 6 1 3
15 3 9 0 1
14 4 9 4 1
8 8 13 3 1
10 10 5 0 0