Friday, October 07, 2005

Football Picks -- Get Rich or Tie Drying

I'm starting to see a distinct pattern with my picks: I'm good at college and bad at the NFL. As an experiment this week, I'm going to pick the opposite of who I think will win in the NFL games; Costanza Style. By the way, I have no idea if I used that semicolon correctly. Does anyone know how to use a semicolon? Does anyone know how to use a bartolocolon? Onto the picks...

College Picks
(1-1) last week, (5-3) for the year

Ohio State (-3) at Penn State -- Sure, Penn State is undefeated and the Fuckeyes always seem to lose in Happy Valley, but OSU is one of the best teams in the country and Penn State has two good players. Ohio State might blow them out.

TCU at Wyoming (-6.5) -- I doubted Wyoming last week when they were giving 18 points. They won by 25. I think they are 21-0 against the spread in their last 21 games, so I'm going to ride them for another week. This is definitely the best team I have never seen play.


NFL Picks -- Remember, I'm picking the opposite of what I say in the explanation.
(5-9) last week, (24-35-1) for the year

Tampa Bay at NY Jets (+3.5) -- There should be no way in Hell's Kitchen that the Jets can win this game with Vinny GreenBalls at the helm.

Seattle (+3) at St. Louis -- Seattle took a pounding from the Skins last week and could be without their top 2 WRs. This game also features two of the worst coaches in the NFL trying to figure out ways to lose against eachother. This game is going to be close, so I think its really a pick 'em. That being said, Sean Alexander could always explode for 4 TDs on any given week. The Rams D is just the type he likes to destroy.

New Orleans at Green Bay (-3) -- Stick a fork in the Pack. They are terrible. Ahman Green's yearly injury looks like its setting in and New Orleans is coming off their first "home" victoy. Should be a cakewalk for Brooks and the Saints.

Chicago at Cleveland (-3) -- Chicago can win on the road if their defense can shut down Cleveland. That shouldn't be hard considering the highlight of the Browns' season was Frisman Jackson's week one perfomance. Bears win.

Baltimore (+1.5) at Detroit -- Why exactly is Detroit giving points in this one? Baltimore's QB situation might stink worse than a dirty diaper filled with Indian food, but come on. I can't pick Detroit here, even with the Costanza theory.

New England at Atlanta (-3) -- Vick is hurt and New England is hurting for a win. The Pats should be able to slow down Dunn and Duckett, especially if Vick still plays.

Tennessee at Houston (-3) -- Everyone is saying that this is the week that Houston will finally get on track offensively. That is why I say that this is the week that the Titans get on track offensively and lay the smack down on Carr's candy ass.

Miami at Buffalo (-2.5)-- This game is a real stinker. Normally I would pick Miami because their D should be able to stop whoever is running the Bills offense, plus they had a week off to pepare. Therefore, Buffalo will win.

Indianapolis (-14) at San Francisco -- This is another one I can't pick with my Costanza theory. There is no way SF is even close in this one.

Carolina at Arizona (+2.5) -- Carolina should be able to run all over the Cards. I think they are getting too much credit for their win last week. I'd like to see McCown do that two weeks in a row.

Washington at Denver (-7) -- Seeing as all of Washington's games have been close thus far and the fact that they have not allowed a 100 yard rusher in the past 8 games, I would pick the Skins to at least keep it close, if not win this game outright. But this week I'm going with Denver, if only to keep my streak of betting against the Skins alive so that they keep winning. I hope they can become the worst 4-0 team ever.

Philadelphia at Dallas (+3.5) -- Philly should crush Dallas in this game even if McNupid is hurt.

Cincinnati at Jacksonville (-2.5) -- Roll on Cincy Bandwagon, roll on.

Pittsburgh (+3) at San Diego -- I like San Diego at home to beat an overrated Steelers squad.