Sunday, February 12, 2006

Olympics? More like O-Stink-ics.

You know what really grinds my gears? The non-sport sports at the Olypmics. Specifically: figure skating, gymnastics, and diving. Repeat after me: THESE ARE NOT SPORTS. They might be competitions, but they are not sports. These are not sports because the winner is not determined by the one with the most points or goals or lowest time. They final standings are determined by judges. Any time a "fragile" french judge can influence the outcome of the game, it is not a sport. I realize that boxing also falls into the same category, but it has the possibility of becoming a sport if one of the boxers knocks the other out. I also realize that the above named competitions require skill and training and hard work, but I'm just saying if I want to see a bunch of asians in spandex, I'll go to Cirque du Soleil.