Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sportin' Waves

Girlfriend and I went to Target for our near-monthly supply run and I wanted to restock my supply of hair jelly. I am a big fan of Citre-Shine pomade because, as you know, I am drawn to citrusy things like Pam Anderson is drawn to disease-ridden men. Of course, Target does not carry Citre Shine for some unknown reason. In fact, they really were lacking in almost all suitably-strong pomades (save for the Crew kind and I'm not buying that out of principle because its $15).

So I was presented with a dilemma. I have no hair jelly and I need to get something so I don't look like I'm homeless at work tomorrow. I went into the realm of which we do not dare venture. The black hair products aisle. Amid the sea of relaxers and hair mayonnaises (I'm serious), I found my salvation: Sportin' Waves. It is exactly the strength of pomade I need for my stubborn widow's peak. Plus, as an added bonus, its like $2 and comes in a cool-looking tin.

In the grand tradition of white people stealing black people's ideas, I would like to announce that I have safely landed on black hair planet. Its one small step for white man. One giant leap for white man kind.