Monday, August 22, 2005

Who says there are no celebrities in DC?

On Friday my friend Ike and I went out to Adams Morgan to check out the new sports bar there. The sports bar we usually went to (by usually, I mean about 2 or 3 times a year) closed down and this one was the closest alternative. When we got there, it was clear that the new sports bar was not going to be very good. Sure, they had flat screens, but there were about 20 people in there and it was already crowded enough to where you couldn't see all the tvs. For fantasy purposes, you need to have a direct sight line to at least 3 or 4 tvs at all times. Plus, there is a severe lack of seating.

Then, without warning, local "celebrity" Matthew Lesko walks in with a woman. The only reason I knew it was him was that he was wearing his stupid question mark suit. Well, you would have thought P. Diddy walked in from the reaction of the crowd. People were going up to talk to him and take pictures with him, which is probably why he wears that joker suit all the time. One guy came up to him and asked "are there government grants for gay physicians?" Lesko said no and the guy was like, "Fucking Bush!" Then he says, "Don't get me wrong, I love bush, just not the White House kind."

After peeing in the woman's bathroom because the guys one was in use and there were about 3 girls in the whole place, I thought there would be no more highlights to the night. However, later on a few deaf girls walked in. And they were hot! Unfortunately, they did not spend too much time in the place, but one of them did brush her ass up against me on the way out, so I got that going for me, which is nice. It just goes to show that you can still have quite an eventful evening even if you go out to a nearly empty sports bar on a Firday night.