Saturday, May 14, 2005

A belated weekend post

I originally began this post last week, but I could not finish it due to studying for exams. I actually did spend a lot of time studying, despite what my grades may reflect. Here's last weekend:

Last night was one of the more memorable nights out that I've had in a long time. It began at the house of some kids we knew in high school. They aren't still kids, mind you. That would be weird. But I call them that because they were three years younger than us and will actually always be three years younger than us. The house was shall I say not in the best part of DC. It actually was in the best part of DC (Northwest), but in the worst part of the best part. In other words, its close to Howard Universtity. Despite having close access to the Metro and a Five Guys nearby, I still wouldn't want to live there.

The house is your typical post-college guys house. Filthy, beer everywhere, and a great stereo system. Then there was the bonus: a beer pong table. Well, it wasn't so much a beer pong table as much as it was a large sheet of plywood that was used as a beer pong table. Great move. Great move number 2: kegerator. Whoever invented the kegerator is a genius. Apparently, these guys were not quite genuises (something I have really known since high school. Between 2 of them and me, we amassed 28 semesters of gym in high school) as they fucked up the kegerator hookup and caused the beer to flow slower than your grandmother's stool (that was uncalled for, sorry).

So we're playing beer pong and the team that was winning (two of the guys who live there) went outside for a smoke break. They come back inside and tell the funniest story I have heard in a while. Some black guy was running past their house and one of the guys looked at him and said, "What's up?" The guy looks back and says, "Just another high negro running through" and kept on going. Ahh, Chocolate City.

We went outside and were about to get into a cab when we noticed that you could see into the basement apartment, where one of the guys from high school was hooking up with the girl that lives down there. They were going at it for a good 5 minutes before she actually noticed one of the 7 people looking at them. We didn't even get to see any boob. Oh well.

We then went to Lucky Bar. Yes, that of "Hot Nuts" fame. There were actually a lot more hot girls there than there usually are. Then, out of nowhere a major blast from the past. I saw a guy I went to elementary school with, who I haven't seen since 3rd grade. The guy is built like a brick shithouse and spent the majority of the night alternating between calling people on his cell phone, trying to get us to go to Camelot (the worst strip club in the history of life), and telling us how much he loves asian girls.

By the end of the night I just wanted to get out of there unscathed. We headed out to get cabs and the night was nicely capped off by a sighting of the really hot indian girl from my law school.