Friday, May 20, 2005

Ramblings

I have discovered over the course of the past week that staying at home and looking for jobs on the internet does not exactly inspire me creatively. Thus, there has been a lack of posting frequency. Hopefully I'll get a job eventually and have something more to write about. As for now, here are some ramblings.

-- Why do people who go to Ivy League schools never say the name of their school when you ask them? Its gotten to the point where if someone says; "I went to school in Boston" or "in Conecticut" I know that they went to Harvard or Yale. Come on, you know you're proud of your college. Don't be afraid to say it. We, the drunken State school idiots won't be offended.

-- Is there anything more useless than those metaphors where people say (for example), "If you laid out all the Twizzlers we made in a year, it would circle the Earth 12 times." Nobody can comprehend how big that is. It means absolutely nothing different to anyone if it would circle the Earth once or 1 million times. Frankly, you lose me if its longer than from Washington to Baltimore.

--The sex scene in Team America: World Police is well worth the price of admission. Bar none, the best marionette sex I've ever seen in my life.

--I'm not sure if I really like the new Diet Coke with Splenda, but I keep buying it anyway.

--I think comedians should not be able to do impressions of William Shatner and Bill Cosby anymore. It just becomes an impression of Kevin Pollack and Eddie Murphy doing their impressions.

--I realized one of the reasons I hated Sex and the City so much. The whole computer typing voiceover thing they did all the time was just a rip off of Doogie howser, MD.

--I have no idea why there is a new counter above my original counter.