Monday, May 02, 2005

Catheter Man: Simpsons Writer?

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a job. Sure, I might not be getting paid for it and nobody will even acknowledge it, but I am a writer for The Simpsons. It feels good to finally have a dream come true. Now, if I can only get some sort of monthly stipend, it would be all good.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, last night during the second Simpsons (the one about Bart getting fat), there was a part where Marge wanted him to try health foods. He looked at a tub of cottage cheese and said, "It looks like somebody already ate this." Some of my more astute readers might have remembered that exact line from my post of 4/20/05, entitled: "I hate white food." Therefore, I am a joke writer for The Simpsons now.

I know they probably make these scripts months in advance and record them weeks in advance, but its kind of a major coincidence that I wrote that exact joke a week before this episode aired. This is much stranger than seeing that African guy three times. I can only assume that some writer from the Simpsons found my site and is stealing material.

If there is someone at The Simpsons reading this site, please hire me. I only have about 2 more weeks until I am officially unemployed again and I'd love to get Yeardly Smith's coffee. And next time you steal a joke from me, just mention me in the show or something. Then I could die in peace.

********************************************************

Big ups to Family Guy for a great comeback episode. I'm glad they warned me about the animated nudity, so I could properly prepare (take off my pants). I loved the intro when Peter listed all the shows Fox put on Sunday nights in between this episode and the last one. Some of those shows were great (like Undeclared and Andy Richter Controls the Universe). Some were just horrible (like The Pitts). Fuck it, I have it on Tivo, I'll list them out for you: Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonder Falls, Fast Lane, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Skin, Girls Club, Cracking Up, The Pitts, Firefly, Get Real, Freakylinks, Wanda at Large, Costello, The Lone Gunman, A Minute with Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, King Eddie, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric the Entertainer, The Tick, Louie, and Greg the Bunny.


On the other end of the spectrum, American Dad is still not there yet. I just don't like it. I hope it doesn't become the King of the Hill to Family Guy's Beavis and Butthead. That would be a tragedy. Honestly, is there any logical explanation why King of the Hill has been on as long as it has? A non-funny comedy hasn't made this long of a run since Arli$$ (ZING!).