Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Whale's Vagina

Here are some random things that have happened over the last few days.

1. Schmeg Schmempler actually sent me Def Jam Boxed Set Disc #4! Unbelievable! When I posted the...uh, post about my CDs, I had no expectation that someone would actually take the time, money, and effort to send me back my shit, but lo and behold, Schmeg, you truly are a scrumtralescent man. Mostly, I just wanted to write down a list of which CDs I didn't have anymore and give people shit who I knew had some of them. Now I can finally listen to Sweet Potato Pie and Ghetto Jam without having to go through the trouble of putting in my Domino CD. Yes, I bought a Domino CD back in the day, you wanna fight about it? Either way, thanks Schmemp. I guess we're even for me not giving you a bottle of Goldschlager for hooking up with the B-School Bitch in the gold bathroom until nearly 4 years later.

2. I tried out for another acting gig today. Yes, I know I have no actual acting training or skill, but these auditions are the only things that I apply for where I actually can get a face to face meeting with someone, so I kind of have no choice. (I do have something brewing, but I don't want to jinx it by telling anyone about it). Anyway, I saw this ad last week:
Press Advisory for July 11, 2005

106.7 FM WJFK, CRYSTAL CITY SPORTS PUB & CENTRAL CASTING
WANT TO PUT YOU IN A MOVIE!

Clint Eastwood and Steven Spielberg – two of Hollywood’s greatest names! Did you ever think you could be in a film directed and produced by this incredible team? Well, now is your chance!

Five Hundred Washingtonians are needed to appear in one of Dreamworks’ most anticipated films in 2006, “Flags of our Fathers.” This film tells the story of one man’s quest to learn more about his father’s role as one of the six soldiers who raised the flag in Iwo Jima at the end of WWII.

You are invited to an open casting call for “Actors” and “Extras” at the Crystal City Sports Pub, one of Sports Illustrated’s “25 Best Sports Bars in America,” in the February 7, 2005 edition. The call will be held on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 from 4:00pm – 9:00pm. The Crystal City Sports Pub is located at 529 South 23rd Street, Arlington, VA 22202.

Central Casting, the agency responsible for casting this movie, is seeking a look that will translate to 1954 Washington. Men should be clean cut with short hair to fill roles such as Soldiers, Colonels, Generals, etc. Women should have little or no highlighted hair (preferably not short). All applicants must be 21 years of age or older and should not have any visible tattoos or body piercing that cannot be removed.

Actors and extras will be needed for these PAID roles on August 8, 2005 as well as one previous date for a wardrobe fitting.

Interested applicants are required to bring a photograph (does not have to be professional) to the casting call. No acting experience is necessary, and there is no application fee. Business attire is requested


So I went to the Crystal City Sports Pub today, arriving at about 3:30. I knew from my ESPN Dream Job cattle call that getting there early is a good idea. The difference in the two casting calls was of course that this time it was approximately 2343124 degrees outside and there was no crack addict singing songs for money next to the line. I waited about an hour and a half to basically hand in a sheet that I filled out with my vital statistics and my picture (I already had very unprofessionally done [by myself] headshots from the Discovery Channel casting call). When I got inside, the guy I talked to just asked if I would be available on certain dates (obviously I would) and that they would be using people from this call for some other movies as well. It was all so unsatisfying, but was as close to a job interview as I've had in weeks. For those who are interested, it was application #127. So hopefully I'll be up on the silver screen in the coming months. Wish me luck.

The other good thing that came out of the "audition" was that a few of the hired geeks from WJFK were passing out free passes to the opening of The Island for tomorrow night, which I will probably attend. As much as I'm not that interested in seeing that movie, it is free and I'll get to wait in another annoying line for a long time and I'm always up for that.

3. The TV situation is great these days. Family Guy was amazing this week (my favorite part being the Chris Griffin "Take on Me" video), The Simpsons have been pretty good, Viva La Bam is always funny, Entourage is a new fave of mine, Celebrity Fit Club 2 is worth watching just for Gary Busey, and Miami Ink is coming out tonight. I'm not sold on Minding the Store with Pauly Shore yet, but its growing on me.

Thats about it for now. Sorry my life isn't very interesting, but such is the fate of the unemployable.