Thursday, September 29, 2005

Football Pix

I'm back to my usual swing of things in college with another undefeated week. I would have stayed on the Wyoming bandwagon this week, but not when they are giving 18 points. In the NFL, I had a lackluster .500 batting average. Hopefully this week will be better.


College Picks: (2-0) last week, (6-2) on the year

Pitt (+1) @ Rutgers -- I don't care how bad of a coach Dave Wannestedt is, any time Pitt is an underdog to Rutgers, I have to go with the Panthers. They should have their confidence back after beating the tar out of Youngstown State.

Navy (-6) @ Duke -- Navy had an unexpected week off because they were supposed to play at Rice last week. This means they should be rested and ready to kick Duke's blue ass.


NFL Picks: (7-7) last week, (19-26-1) on the year

Houston at Cincinnati (-9.5) -- I have two feet firmly planted on the Bengals bandwagon and I'm riding it to the playoffs. All we need now is a Rudi Shuffle. Since I have Andre 3000 Johnson on my keeper league team, look for him to have 28 yds and no tds.

Indianapolis (-7) at Tennessee -- Will this be the week Indy's offense explodes? You never know. I'm guessing that it may be, considering Peytard is back in the state where he had his glory days (remember, when he never won a big game?). The new-look Colts D should have no problem stopping Captain Questionable Mc Nair and crew.

Seattle (+2) at Washington -- I am actually going to this game. Washington has beaten 2 teams by a total of 3 points. The Skins barely beat Chicago week 1 even though it was Orton's first NFL game. The Dallas game was a total loss except for 2 plays in the 4th quarter. As much confidence as I have in their defense, I have zero confidence in the offense to score at all.

Detroit at Tampa Bay (-6.5) -- There is as little reason to doubt Tampa as there is reason to have confidence in Detroit.

Denver at Jacksonville (-4) -- The Jags D is great. Their offense seems to be going well, and Denver is one of those teams that usually will have an up and down season. Compound this with the fact that Chump Bailey got hurt and they had a short week after the Monday nighter and had to travel to Jacksonville, and I'll go with the Jaguars on this one.

San Diego at New England (-5) -- This is a tough game for the Pats, but they should be able to win at home. I still don't believe that San Diego is for real, no matter how good Tomlinson is. I also might be picking against them out of spite because Tomlinson singlehandedly destroyed one of my fantasy teams last week.

Buffalo at New Orleans (Pick 'em) -- I think this game is actually being played in the state of Louisiana, so maybe the Commissioner has bussed in 75,000 Bills fans to make the Saints feel more at home. Anyway, the people of Louisiana are reeling from the LSU loss and nothing would make them feel better than cramming the ball down JP Losman's throat.

St. Louis (+3) at NY Giants -- Even though the Rams tend to suck on the road and outdoors, I like them to beat the Giants because I don't think that they are that good.

NY Jets at Baltimore (-7) -- This may go down as the ugliest NFL game ever played. Baltimore's D should have a field day with whoever is starting for the Jets.

Minnesota (+6)
at Atlanta -- See what happens when you put in Mewelde Moore, Coach Tice? Do you see what happens when you put in Mewelde Moore? DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUT IN MEWELDE MOORE? Idiot.

Philadelphia (+1.5) at Kansas City -- KC looked downright terrible on Monday night. Philly is a much better team than Denver, but KC is a tough place to play. This is a shaky pick for me and I wouldn't be suprised if either team won big.

Dallas at Oakland (-3.5) -- This is a game Oakland can and should win. But you never know with Norv neck. Another pick I'm not too confident about.

San Francisco (+2) at Arizona -- The Cards are a disaster. Isn't this game in Mexico or something? Too bad Ron Mexico isn't playing there. Since there will be no real home field advantage, I'm going with the team whose name is already in Spanish.

Green Bay at Carolina (-7.5) -- I'm beginning to feel really bad about betting against Favre every week, but man, the Pack is bad.