Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Picks

Last week was a complete disaster for NFL, but my college streak is still alive. Away we go...

College

(2-0) last week, (4-0) for the year

Eastern Michigan (+30) @ Michigan
I'm going to keep picking against Michigan until I'm proven wrong. Eastern would have no chance of winning this game even if Charlie Batch and Earl Boykins were playing. That being said, Lloyd Carr is Lloyd Carr and Michigan doesn't beat anyone by 30.

San Diego State @ Ohio State (-27.5)
Ohio State is bound to be pissed after last week, and being the dicks that they are, will try and run up the score to get back into the top half of the top ten. Also, SDSU let up over 40 points to UCLA and Air Force.

NFL
(4-12) last week, (4-12) for the year

New England (-3) @ Carolina
No reason to doubt the champs. I am a little concerned about their lack of rushing, though.

Detroit @ Chicago (+1.5)
This one should be interesting. I think Chicago shows that their D is no joke here against a legitimate offense. Well, almost legitimate.

Minnesota @ Cincinnati (-3)
This one looks like one of those games where people will start realizing that Cincy is much better than they expected and Minnesota is much worse.

Pittsburgh (-6) @ Houston
Well, I was wrong about Pittsburgh coming back down to Earth last week. Houston looks like crap also. Pitt in a romp.

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis (-9)
I'm done trying to pick upsets. Peytard and the boys are back to their old ways and light up Jacksonville in the dome.

San Francisco @ Philadelphia (-12.5)
This one actually had no line on the site I check, so I can only assume that everyone was betting on Philly.

Buffalo (+2.5) @ Tampa Bay
I don't know why, but I just don't believe in Tampa yet.

Baltimore (-3.5) @ Tennessee
The last time Anthony Wright started for Baltimore, they wound up going to the Superbowl. The Titans D is awful. Baltimore wins by stuffing the ball down the Titans throats.

St. Louis (+1) @ Arizona
I still can't bring myself to bet on the Cardinals, no matter how retarded Mike Martz is.

Atlanta (+1) @ Seattle
Atlanta is another team that is better than people realize. Their D is for real. Too bad Mathis is out for the year.

San Diego @ Denver (-3)
As much as I hate the Broncos, its pretty hard to win in Denver.

Cleveland (+6.5) @ Green Bay
Green Bay is done.

Miami @ NY Jets (-6)
Nothing like a Herm Edwards spaz out to get the troops in line.

Kansas City (-1) @ Oakland
This game is going to be awesome. Definitely the game of the week. I gotta go with the team not coached by Norv Turner here.

New Orleans (+3) @ NY Giants
The Saints have to be pissed that they are missing a home game this week. Hopefully, they will take it out on the Giants.

Washington @ Dallas (-6)
Round Head Brunell + Dallas + Monday Night + Week 2 = loss for the Skins. Incidentally, if all my NFC East picks come in correctly (at least who I think will win), guess who is 2-0 and sitting pretty atop the division...Dallas. You know its going to happen, if only to give the talking heads something to scream about for the next week.