Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I suck (football)

I guess the only good news to come out of this weekend is that I am now 4-0 in my college picks. You'll have to trust me that I picked Ohio State and Northern Illinois the first week. Why wouldn't you? I don't lie.

For the NFL picks, I was a whopping 4-12, although my lock of the week came in. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep picking all the games because frankly, it takes a long time to even write out the matchups. We'll see how I'm feeling.

So here is where we will keep track of the Weekly 5. This includes what happened to Michigan, my touch football team, the Redskins, and my 2 fantasy teams. This record will reflect how much of a burden I am as a fan/player/owner. This week I was 1-4.

1) Michigan -- lost to Notre Dame at home for the first time in over a decade. I went over this in the Lloyd Carr post.
2) Touch Football -- I had 3 catches for somewhere around 20 yards and we were up 8-0 when my knee collided with a defender's knee as I was running toward the end zone. I had to leave the game because I was probably about 25% at that point. We wound up losing 13-8.
3) Redskins -- Beat one of the worst teams in the league by 2, while ensuring that Round Head Brunell will be their starting QB for a while. This barely counts as a win.
4) Keeper Fantasy Team -- Destroyed. Lets put it this way: if not for Warrick Dunn and Deion Branch, I would have scored 33.4 points. With them, it went all the way up to 61.
5) Non-keeper Team -- Cooley's TD gets called back. Akers misses 2 FGs. Priest Holmes now splits major time. The Rams D lays an egg against the worst offense in the league (next to the Redskins). Hasselbeck tosses three picks. All leading to a 16 point loss.

Bonus

6) Neil Weisman -- moved in two days early.