Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Ramblings

As my life has been pretty much taken over by the dog, I have not been able to concentrate on a full post lately. Therefore, more Ramblings.

-- I know the rising price of gas sucks and all, but I refuse to believe we are in a crisis yet. You want to know why? Because Diet Coke costs more per gallon than gas. Especially at gas stations. You wouldn't catch those oil companies charging $1.25 for a 20 ounce of unleaded.

--Since my job search hasn't been going exactly as planned, more and more people are asking me what I want to do/am doing. I've recently taken to telling them that I'm the bass player in a Phil Collins tribute band. That conversation is a lot more fun for me.

--To me, a good restaurant only depends on 2 criteria: 1) do they have Coke products rather than Pepsi, and 2) do they charge for refills on sodas? If I can get unlimited refills on Diet Coke, I am one happy customer. The worst are those Chinese restaurants that bring out a can of Coke and expect you to be satisfied.

--Did you ever notice that the definitions for "oversight" are opposites of each other?
1. An unintentional omission or mistake.
2. Watchful care or management; supervision.

--What happened to the Tuesday Treat?

--Its been so long since I've had a paying job, I'm starting to miss the backstabbing, lying, passive aggression, and general bureaucratic bullshit that comes with getting a paycheck.