Thursday, March 17, 2005

Aztecs, vacations, jobs, and weight

I have found that Aztecs (the Mexicans who clean the school bathrooms) have ESP. Any time I have to go to the bathroom, they are inevitably on the same floor as me cleaning the crappers. Its unbelievable. The funny thing about it is that for all of this supposed cleaning, the bathrooms are never even that clean. Speaking of Aztecs, its kind of ironic that a race of people who used to eat the hearts of babies and kick people in the nuts are now relegated to being 4 feet tall, cleaning bathrooms, and/or selling chiclets on beaches. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Another thing that those crazy Aztecs remind me of is that I have not had a proper vacation since about June of last year. Sure, I've gone to New Jersey and Philly and New York, but I need to go somewhere where the beer flows like wine and the women flock like the salmon of capistrano.

On the job front, I recently applied for (e-mailed a guy) my 41st job in the last couple of years. Whoever says that finding a job is easy is wrong. Dead wrong. Although I did see a job as a paint prepper for CarMax, where they said they would train you and you could make 40-50k a year. Thats pretty sweet. I'm hoping I can get something like that when I graduate, but I won't count on it. All I'm asking for is a job in an industry that is somewhat interesting to me where I can have my own desk, a computer, and a salary. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

On the weight loss front, I'm holding steady at 167 right now. I haven't really eaten much over the last couple of days, so I'm hoping that one day I'll just drop a few pounds magically. I don't think I've shit since last thrusday. Is that wierd? I think so. Maybe my impacted fecal matter is holding back my weight loss. I don't know. To get to 165 would be pretty sweet. As I may have already said, I'm in unchartered waters here under 175, so anything is good. I just want to get to the point where I can take my shirt off in public without wanting to vomit down the front of my chest. I orginally thought 165 was a magic number for that, but apparently not. Maybe 155. That would be insane.