Saturday, March 26, 2005

Hot Nuts

Tonight, we went to Georgetown, which is pretty momentous because its probably been at least 6 months since I have been there. First, we went to Garrett's. This bar is usually pretty cool and seeing as my buddy got propositioned for a menage there, its always worth a try. When we got there, it was pretty empty. I chalked that up to the tournament being on as well as Easter weekend. See, Easter is this holiday where people actually believe that this guy died and then came back to life or something. Pretty wild, right?

Anyway, after Garrett's, we went to The Guards, which was crowded and annoying. But the UNC-Villanova game was on, so we watched there until it was over. Unlike Garrett's, the Guards was known as the bar where my buddy got his jacket stolen (and where my other friend's woman acted like a bitch). Once UNC won (which saved my bracket from being completely useless), we headed to Lucky Bar. There are two main advantages to Lucky Bar: 1) there is a Citibank near it and 2) there is a Julia's Empanadas next to it.

We got in a cab in Georgetown and it looked a little crowded. There was some sort of mass spanning from the back of the cab to the front. I thought, "those look like golf clubs, but what would a cabbie need golf clubs in his car for?" Needless to say, this guy had golf clubs in his cab. Before we could ask about the clubs, we noticed something else in the front seat. This guy had a freaking DOG in his cab. Apparently, the dog's name was Buddy Lee Buds and he rode in the cab every night. This is the best cab I have ever been in!

So we get to Lucky Bar and its immediately apparent that it is crawling with fatties and uglies. We get drinks anyway to try and make the women look better. It doesn't work. Perhaps the best part about Lucky Bar is the vending machine they have at the back of the first floor. It despenses heated peanuts and some other mix of nuts. The funny thing is that it is labeled as "Hot Nuts." And they even give you little cups with which you are supposed to catch the hot nuts. I've always fantasized about giving a girl a hot nut in a bar, but this is not quite what I had envisioned.

I began looking at the clock and before I knew it, it was 1:30... prime empanada time. Julia's (a former fantasy team name of mine) is like a very tasty cup of Mexican water. Sure, it feels good going down, but you know you are going to pay for it in the morning. Regardless, I ordered the Jamaican Beef and the Turkey and Spring Onions empanadas for the ride home.

That brings us to right now. I'm already getting heartburn. I can only imagine what lies in store for me and my toilet tomorrow morning. May god have mercy on my soul.