Monday, April 25, 2005

A Melio's Monday

Sorry for the delay in posting today. I’m not sure what the deal is, but I still seem to be having problems getting on to the net at school. Luckily, I only have one more day of class at that dump. Its actually getting me quite pissed off, but I’m not sure whether to blame the school or my syphilitic computer.

So I missed my final Media Law class this morning. Mostly because my girlfriend was out of town and I could not get a ride to school for the early 10 AM start. Sure, in the real world, that doesn’t seem so early, but to me (not having gone to bed until 2:30 and not having another class until 8 PM), it is.

I did wind up making it to school by about 11:30, which is really like being there for the same amount of time as if I had gone to class, but I just wasn’t up to rushing to school with all the jackasses. By the way, the jackasses are really starting to bug me already this year. People are already stressing out about finals and whatnot, so they have to talk about it to each other on the bus and fill up all the study carrels in the library. I hate these people. Where were you the rest of the year when I was sitting there every day? You stupid foreign bitch! Enough of my hating. I’ll move on.

At about 4 PM, one of my partners in the group project #2 met with me to finish up the Brian Westbrook contract proposal. None of the three of us in the group really care about what we get, so we put in the appropriate half-assed effort and came up with something ok. Once we were finished with the final construction of the project, we headed over to Melio’s, an Italian restaurant/default law school bar in the strip mall next to the law school.

At Melio’s, I found out that not only are 2 beers enough to get you pretty buzzed if you haven’t eaten all day, but also that my fellow group project member was once a professional golfer. Pretty sweet. I guess law school must seem even worse for him. We hung out there until about 7 and now I have to give a presentation on how our contract is supposed to be structured in front of the class. It should be pretty entertaining, as I am still about half-cocked on Miller Lites.

I’ll tell you one thing, I’m not nearly as wasted as one of the other guys at the bar. I saw him take 2 giant Wild Turkey shots before he started yelling about how much he likes to hit people. Good times.

I’m going to go upstairs and grab a diet coke so I don’t pass out during class. Regards.