Monday, April 18, 2005

A new week, a new group project

The real estate project is finally done(like Warrick)! I am assuming I will get a passing grade and thus, since it counts as my upper level writing requirement, will graduate law school this semester. The best thing I learned during this project is that if you "pretend" you don't know what the hell you are doing, eventually the rest of the group will just get fed up and do it for you. Its a great tactic. I suggest you try it.

So now I have one more project to do that is due next Monday. Needless to say, my group hasn't really started yet. But this project will actually be cool.
Project #2: negotiate a contract for the Philadelphia Eagles RB, Brian Westbrook. Pretty sweet, right? This is probably about 50% of the male population's dream assignment. The class is Sports Law and it is taught by an NFL agent (I already asked, he doesn't have a job for me, so he doesn't have a job for you either).

Since this project is ostensibly what I'd like to do for a career, I should have no trouble working on it from dusk 'til dawn for the whole week, but I'm sure I'll get bored and procrastinate anyway. I already filled out a spreadsheet with all kinds of stats from free agent running backs and that was pretty annoying, especially since some asian guy (not to be confused with the "some asian guy" who was a suspect in The Cable Guy) was printing out a document that might have been as long as the bible on the communal printer in the library.

Once I finish with this project, I will be done with 2 of my 5 classes. The others involve a 48-hour (learn the whole class in that time period) take home final, and two in-class finals. The thing that blows about the in-class finals is that we have to download some computer-diabling software that is supposed to prevent you from going on the internet or cutting and pasting from your notes. Obviously, I have no doubt that this thing will destroy my computer and probably erase all of my files, so I'm not too happy about that.

Other than that, I'm just waiting to finish and trying to find a job. Not too much luck over the weekend. Only 1 more feeler sent out. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed because much like the excited southerner, I'm willing to start at the bottom and stay there. I'm pretty sure I have no discernable job skills, since I'm almost 28 and the only "real" job I have ever had involved watching and editing basketball footage.

Time to go look for jobs. Will the 59th time be a charm? Wait and see on the next Not in those words... same catheter time, same catheter channel!