Wednesday, April 27, 2005

No Class

A wise man once said, "Fat Albert, you're like school on Saturday... no class." Well, I have officially finished my law school classes for the year. It should feel pretty good and it does, but I still have 3 finals to take and then possibly the bar exam and find a job. I am only up to rejection/no answer #63 on my job search, which is pretty impressive since I am vastly overqualified for the great majority of the jobs I have applied for. I did see a sign in Whatsa Bagel advertising their need for bakers, so maybe I'll try that when desparation sets in.

I really am trying, but its hard to persevere when you arrive at home every night hoping for someone, anyone, to call looking for an interview and the only messages you ever get are people trying to sell you satillite tv and consolidate your credit card debt (of which, I'm proud to say I have none). When I was a kid, I could never imagine myself having a job where you wear a suit and tie to work every day (mostly because I was "husky" and suits never really fit me right), but I always imagined that I'd be the one making that decision, not a bunch of lackies in HR departments across the country.

I'm taking today off from school because I need a day away from that place. I'll start making my outlines tomorrow. I realized last year that not only do I start understanding the material much better when I can focus on one subject, but also that going to class is actually a hinderance to understanding the stuff. Since I haven't yet failed an exam in my career, I'm not too worried about these last three, but I know the last one is going to be very hard to motivate for.

Thats about it for today. Off to the internet to apply for some more jobs.